GBTA is making available a limited number of scholarships for GBTA Direct (buyer) Members. The scholarship will cover $700 of the registration fee ($1,495). Scholarship recipients are responsible for payment of the fee balance of $795 prior to attending the Convention. The scholarship is for convention registration fees only, and reimbursement for travel, housing and incidental expenses is not available.
1. Applications must be submitted to GBTA by 5:00 pm ET, Friday, June 17, 2016.
2. Applications must be complete to be considered.
3. GBTA staff will notify all applicants directly regarding the scholarship decision by June 30, 2016.
Scholarship applicant must be an active Direct Member of GBTA or a buyer member of one of its regions (GBTA Canada, GBTA Europe, GBTA Latin America, etc.) and must retain said membership through August 31, 2016. The scholarship will be withdrawn, at any time, if the recipient fails to meet both requirements after the scholarship is awarded.
The decision of GBTA to award or not to award a scholarship to any applicant rests within the sole and unfettered discretion of GBTA, shall be final and binding, and shall not be subject to challenge for any reason.
Factors that may be considered include but are not limited to:
- Scope of individual’s responsibilities within his/her company
- Industry involvement
- Awards and honors
- Certifications, designations and continuing education
- Leadership and participation in GBTA activities
For more information go to : http://convention.gbta.org/About/Convention-Scholarship